Monday, June 23, 2014

How To Get Started with Laravel Framework : Tutorial for Beginners


A friend of mine who read my article blog about Laravel installation is asking if I could write at least on how to get started with Laravel Framework. I am not that confident with Laravel since I have more exposure to Code Igniter than Laravel but I can at least walk you through on how to get started with Laravel.


First of all, you need to create a new project.

To create a new project, open your Git bash and go to your working directory... In my end, I go to "cd C:/xampp/htdocs".



Create a project by running the following command:
composer create-project laravel/laravel ProjectName --prefer-dist
Your ProjectName is actually what you want to name to your folder. If your project is about a simple dashboard where you can add, edit and remove items.. You can just name it ItemDashboard or any name of your choice. It doesn't matter for the whole coding concept but it's still a good practice to name your project after its content.
After a couple of minutes of waiting, you now have your new Laravel project! ☺

Let's preview if we really have installed Laravel framework successfully.

In your Git bash, type in the path to your project. So in my end, it's cd C:/xampp/htdocs/ProjectName. Then run - php artisan serve. Check by going to http://localhost:8000/. You should see Laravel's "You have arrived." message.

Congratulations! You are ready.. ☺

 


PS: I'll post new tutorial on my next article... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?

What Others Interests Most: